Friday, March 27, 2009

Iman Al-Dabbagh





"These are from a workshop I attended in Mexico. The project was photographing a barrio in DF Mexico, that I was not familiar with, alone, and within 24 hours. Of course, none of the neighborhoods were familiar to me. I chose the one I was staying at which was far from the school where the workshops were being taught at in Mexico City because it was new to me and I wanted to know who lived there and who my neighbors were. So photographing and meeting my neighbors was challenging because I don't know Spanish. It really gave me a sense of how people work and what they do within a few hours of the day and of course taught me how to approach people and what to expect. Mostly work hours were pretty much all day and night because my neighbors worked from home..."

To see more of Iman's work, visit her website at photosbyiman.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment